Tuesday 14 May 2013

Pink Passion

Pink Passion  is 30"x 20" It was deigned, made and is owned by myself Jan Newton. I made this rug in 2010 after attending a class run by Jenni Stuart-Anderson in the Midlands. This was my first piece and I used a loose weave hessian and remnants of cotton furnishing fabric. I started in the middle of the heart and worked out wards as I was not sure how far the darker red would go. Once I had achieved a shape I was happy with with I used random strips of the mixed cream and pink fabric. Although I made this rug for my guest bedroom it is often on display at Monkton Elm Garden Centre, in Taunton where I teach occasional classes. Since making this rug I have coveted other assorted rugs and wall hangings but using either the hooking technique or a mixture of both to gain different effects.

1 comment: