Monday 31 December 2012

Mad March Hares

 

Mad March Hares 28"x44" designed prodded and owned by Cilla Cameron. Made with recycled hand dyed and as is wool material including blankets, kilts, coats and sweaters and prodder with a wooden prodder from the back. I cut the pieces of material 2" long x 1/2" wide if they are cut any longer for pictures they flatten and the picture is not so sharp.  It was made about 4 years ago in Nottinghamshire, I love to make proddy picture mats and came up with the idea of hares (it was on my list of design ideas) and have often seen Mad March hares boxing when I have been riding across the countryside on my horse.  The design was scribbled on several pieces of paper and two hare templates I had from years ago where enlarged and the design was born. 

1 comment: