Monday 31 December 2012

Hareing Around

'Hareing around' designed made and owned by Cilla Cameron. Just under 6ft across made with recycled hand dyed and as is wool material. Blankets skirts and jumpers were cut into peices 2"long x 1/2" wide and made with a spring hook. It was made in Nottinghamshire in 1998 I prodded the year into the rug. I love this rug it has been down in my studio since I made it and it is still looking good I don't think the picture shows it to its best. Over the years it has had many feet walking over it it is by the back door and kitchen door so  a heavy traffic area it is holding up very well being made with wool.  I can't remember what inspired the design I knew I wanted to make a round rug with hare's on and a big border having done a weeks workshop with Jule Marie Smith on borders.  

No comments:

Post a Comment