Tuesday 1 January 2013

Yorkshire Barn


Yorkshire Barn 44"x29" designed prodded and owned by Cilla Cameron. Made with recycled hand dyed and as is wool material eg blanket, skirts jackets and jumpers cutting the pieces 2"long x 1/2" wide. Made approx. eight years ago in Nottinghamshire. I took the photograph of this barn in Grisedale above Hawes in Nth Yorks and thought it would make a nice proddy mat. I enlarged the photograph and transferred it to a hessian backing adding the stone wall border. The sky on the photograph was very dull so I studied skies and chose a brighter blue. I prodded it from the back with a wooden prodder.




2 comments:

  1. Lovely! So much detail for a proddy rug. The dry-stone wall frame is inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this one! And thank you for sharing this page with us! I love proddy and need to make one for our house!!

    ReplyDelete