Friday 1 March 2013

Pink Daisy

                                     
2 Pink Daisy Mats 22” x25” Designed, made and owned by Jan Haines in December 2010 in the county of Kent in South East England.
I had decided to start a rugmaking group and decided that I would cover most styles of rugmaking. I then made samples of proddy, locker, latch, hooked, plaited which resulted in five new rugs for my home.  I had been making rugs for a good number of years and had collected a selection of woollen blankets.  With the new group starting in January 2011 I did not have much time for dyeing fabrics, so I gathered together the green, white and pink  pure wool blankets and cut the 1/2” strips and then down to 3” lengths.  I drew the design on freehand and went to work.  Once the group was under way I thought I would make a second rug as I had enough blanket left, so I drew a similar design to the first one and they now live either side of the bed.  Both rugs have a strong calico backing sewn over the hessian backing that I worked into.  They were very simply made and a pleasure to step out of bed onto on cold winter mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment